The primary disadvantage while streaming your favorite content or streamer on Twitch is the continuous irritating ads. Although we know that, the ads form an essential part of the crucial revenue stream required for the upkeep of the free streaming service. But, in most cases, we surely do not enjoy watching them either. Hence, the users and tech developers have come up with a few solutions that can be used to get rid of ads on Twitch. They are Twitch adblocks and VPNs. However, Twitch adblocks have emerged as the top solution to block ads on Twitch successfully.
What is a Twitch Adblock?
Using Twitch adblocks is the best and the most popular way people get rid of all forms of ads on Twitch. These ad blockers are available for both Chrome and Firefox browsers. In addition, streamers can use these adblockers for the browsers on Android devices. Twitch also constantly advances its technology to stop the ad blockers. Therefore, it is crucial to have a functioning adblocker. Many of these are available for all kinds of popular browsers used today, including Android devices and iOS systems.
Best Twitch Adblocks in 2021
Here we have researched and listed some of the best Twitch Adblock extensions available online.
If you are looking for a Twitch adblocker that works on all devices, then Adguard is the one for you. It is available for Windows, browsers like Firefox and Chrome, macOS, Android phones, and iOS devices. This adblocker is legal and valid and is the one-stop solution for all your problems. Another advantage of this adblocker is its reliability and safety because it is developed by a reputed organization. It does not track your activities and store your data. This makes it completely safe for use when compared to similar alternatives.
Adguard is available with a 7-day free trial.
AdBlock is a well-known adblocker for Twitch. It is available for both Chrome, Firefox, Android, Edge, Safari, and iOS browsers. It is one of the most sophisticated and effective adblockers in the market. This adblock effectively mutes and detects ads, and immediately stops them from playing. It not only makes the overall experience smoother but also optimizes your internet speed.
AdBlock will enable you to stream higher-quality content on Twitch.
c. Ublock Origin plugin
UBlock is available for Chrome and Firefox browsers. This plugin is free to download and install, making it available to all. It has a wide arsenal of filters; you can also add extra “custom” filters. Adding filters should be done if you want more efficiency and flexibility. According to Wikipedia, the Ublock extension has been regarded as less resource-intensive than similar alternatives.
4. TTV Adblock for Twitch
The TTV LOL plugin has very good ratings and has been downloaded thousands of times. It avoids the infamous purple screen error and always provides good streaming quality. Moreover, the developers of this extension always update and bring swift changes regularly.
5. Video Ad-Block for Twitch
Video Ad-Block for Twitch is one of the most widely used plugins for blocking ads on Twitch. This plugin has been downloaded by over 300000 users and is top-rated among other plugins. It successfully blocks ads on both Chrome as well as Firefox browsers. It is available in a simple extension on the mentioned web browsers. This extension is purpose-built for Twitch.
6. Purple adblock
Purple AdBlock is a highly recommended adblocker for Twitch.tv. It uses proxies to direct your connection to ad-free countries. This traffic redirection approach helps you enjoy the content without any ads. This extension is absolutely free to install for both Chrome and Firefox browsers. Moreover, this plugin does not collect any of your data. Thus, keeping your private data completely safe and secure. Since it is open-source software, it is also available on Github.
2. How to install Twitch adblocks?
Below we listed the step-by-step procedure on how to install the Twitch adblocks on various platforms.
a. Windows and macOS
Below is an example of a software-based adblocker that works at the OS level. It blocks ads on all the browsers.
- Step: 1 – Download the required Twitch adblocks from the above links.
- Step: 2 – Install the program by clicking open the installer. Follow the steps to correctly install it.
- Step: 3 – Open the software and activate the protection as shown below
b. Firefox and Chrome
Step: 1 – Download the extensions, using the above links for your desired browser, and add the extension to your browser.
- Step: 2 – Activate the extension and open twitch.tv to use it. This extension will work only when Twitch is opened.
3. Common issues with Twitch ad-blocks
There may be a variety of problems and issues, which may cause the adblockers to not work properly. One of the main reasons is the constant technological development by Twitch developers.
a. The Twitch purple screen
The wide use of adblockers has prompted Twitch developers to improve the effectiveness of ads. The Twitch purple screen is one of these counter measurements designed by the company to punish the viewers who block their ads. Although this may be a frustrating issue for some people, the AdBlock developers eventually always find a way to bypass them. This purple screen shows users who are using adblockers and asks them to disable them to continue viewing the content on their platform. However, having a good quality premium adblocker will not land in such a situation.
So what are the measures to take if you witness a purple screen?
Those affected by a purple screen will need to immediately switch off and delete the adblocker that may be causing the problem. If the problem is still not solved, users will need to restart or reinstall the browser. As a best practice, use a good quality, reputed adblocker.
- Perform regular updates. Twitch adblockers should be updated regularly since they need to improvise and counter all the latest advertising technologies that they use. Hence sometimes, the adblockers may not work to your satisfaction. Thus it would be best if you kept updating them at regular intervals of time.
- Change settings. You need to continuously change the settings to allow the ads of your favorite streamers to play while blocking the rest of them. These extensions always will enable you to do that. But, the complex settings may not be understood by everyone. Hence many people may find it difficult to tweak any settings.
- When adblock doesn’t work. Twitch always loads the ads suddenly in between the videos. This will make the adblockers fail to detect them promptly. Hence the extensions may not be able to block the ads 100% of the time successfully.
4. Alternative Solutions to Twitch adblocks
There are always equally good alternatives for blocking ads on Twitch. Below, you’ll find the detailed answers.
A VPN is a Virtual Private Network that protects your data and masks your Internet connection. It hides your identity online and helps you unlock content that is not accessible in some places.
Fortunately, VPNs or virtual private networks do their job perfectly when it comes to avoiding ads on Twitch.
You can successfully and almost completely avoid ads on Twitch using a VPN service. There are lots of free as well as paid VPN services available online. For this to work, you must select a VPN of the country where Twitch has the lowest probability of showing ads.
In countries like Russia, Mexico, Serbia, etc., Twitch does not have many advertisers to show ads for. The VPN services are extremely simple to use and require no complex understanding. A VPN masks your IP and gives you new IP of the country you have chosen.
We have listed some of the reputed VPN services below:
- Express VPN. The Express VPN is a premium offering; it supports a wide variety of OSs, browsers, and devices. It provides unlimited bandwidth with over 160 locations in 90 countries. Express VPN is one of the best VPN services available in the market. With 24-hour customer support, it stands out from the rest of the VPNs.
- Cyberghost VPN. The CyberGhost virtual private network is the largest in the world. It is widely used and much cheaper when compared to its competitors. CyberGhost has over 7400 servers located across the globe. Dedicated streaming servers are provided, and they do not store any data or logs. You can have up to 7 connections at a time. A 7-day money-back guarantee is provided.
- Nord VPN. Nord VPN is another top-notch virtual network that lets you stream uninterrupted. They have servers in over 100 countries, making it ideal for Twitch. It can be used on multiple devices and even as browser extensions. In addition, good encryption is provided to secure your privacy when using your phone in public areas.
b. Buy a Twitch Prime Subscription
Buying a Twitch prime subscription can help you get rid of ads coming from Twitch. Twitch Prime is also available for Amazon Prime users. Still, this solution will not stop playing the ads displayed by the Twitch streamer and his linked advertisers. However, you may even opt for a Twitch turbo subscription that promises to remove the pre-roll, mid-roll, and display ads completely, with some exceptions.
c. Use browsers with built-in adblockers
The Brave browser has a built-in adblocker. This feature allows you to block all kinds of ads. Hence this browser might be the one-stop solution for all your problems with Twitch ads. It is straightforward to install and use. Another alternative is the TOR browser, which can be used to change your IP addresses to ad-free countries. There is a downside. These browsers may disappoint you by showing the content at lower quality.
d. Use external players
There are plenty of external players on the market. In fact, they allow you to watch streams directly. However, not all of them work now, and a few of them face the purple screen error just after a few minutes of watch time. Twitch’s alternate player is a popular extension catering to both Firefox and Chrome browsers.
5. Final Words and FAQ.
Twitch adblockers block those annoying ads on Twitch. The adblocking software and extension developers must continuously innovate to be able to keep up with rapidly changing technology.
In conclusion, we can say that both VPN and adblocks are equally good, but still, adblocks have better features and work extremely well when compared to other alternatives.
Twitch Adblock: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Are Twitch Adblock extensions safe?
The adblocks are 100% percent safe and secure. Thousands of users across the planet trust these adblocks extensions.
2. Why does the Purple screen error exist even after removing the extension?
The best way to avoid this problem is to completely clear the cookies and data from your browser. If the problem persists, delete and reinstall the browser.
3. Is my private data safe using Twitch adblocks extensions?
The extensions used for blocking ads for Twitch are like any other standard extension. They do not store or collect your data in any form.
4. Can we use more than one Twitch adblocks?
Using multiple adblock extensions might fail to deliver any results. We do not recommend using more than one in a single device.