In social media, anonymity is a desirable quality since it allows users to express their real opinions without worrying about being judged or criticized. Although social media like, Snapchat has privacy options like limiting who can see your stories and a “For My Eyes Only” folder, it does not offer message anonymity. Messages are not automatically deleted after 24 hours, and users can also see who views and screenshots their content. Despite Snapchat not having built-in anonymity, there are numerous add-on apps that can provide this experience on the app.
Welcome to Sendit!
1. What is Sendit app?
Similar to other applications like Yolo, the Sendit app is also a well-known free anonymous socializing—”icebreaker” tool. With Sendit (from Iconic Hearts inc), users can pose questions and get anonymous answers from their followers. This application is a free addition to Snapchat and Instagram but can also be used as a standalone app. Sendit was one of the first Lens Game producers on Snapchat to use Snap Kit, and during its original launch in 2021, it got one million installs. It may also use augmented reality lenses to create games such as “Rate Me” and “This or That”.
How to start using Sendit?
- In order to use Sendit, you need to download the app from the app store and connect it to your Snapchat account.
- Once it’s set up, you can choose a game and post it directly to your Snapchat Story.
- You will then receive anonymous messages from your friends with their answers to the prompts.
2. Is Sendit Anonymous?
Sendit is similar to apps like NGL for Instagram as the answers received are completely anonymous. However, just like NGL, Sendit also offers a paid membership plan that allows users to purchase hints that can uncover the identity behind the anonymous messages.
With Sendit, anyone can purchase hints to discover who is behind anonymous replies. The Diamond Membership, which only costs $9.99/week (and renews automatically,) gives anyone access to more games, ad-free content, and unlimited hints about the sender’s identity.
These hints may include information like the type of phone used, the general location of the responder, the number of messages sent, but the sender’s full identity remains hidden.
Keep in mind that although the hints can be helpful in determining the sender, they do not provide a definite answer.
What’s more important to note is that SendIt collects information on all posters and responders. They may collect information such as names, contact details, demographic data, location, and internet activity. For instane, when installing Sendit, you may give access to Sendit to your contacts; Sendit will access your contacts and keep this information on their servers.
3. Is Sendit safe?
As with any online platform, there is always the potential for risks associated with using the Sendit app, especially for kids and teenagers. Sendit is a popular anonymous app among kids and teens because it is seen as a safer way to communicate than other messaging apps. However, parents need to be aware that the app is not safe for children because there is no way to verify a person’s identity and messages just come and go without being able to keep a historic account.
Some of the key things that parents should be aware of include:
- Age restrictions: The Sendit app is not intended for children under the age of 13, but it’s always possible for younger children to access it. Parents should monitor their children’s online activities and be aware of the potential risks associated with using social media platforms.
- Privacy: While the Sendit app is designed to be anonymous, users should still be mindful of the information that they share online, as there is always the possibility of personal information being compromised or misused.
- Anonymity: The Sendit app allows users to remain anonymous, which can create a sense of security and freedom, but also opens the door to potential dangers, such as cyberbullying, online predators, and the sharing of inappropriate or harmful content.
- Content: The Sendit app is designed for socializing and exchanging messages, which means that there is always the potential for users to share inappropriate or harmful content. This could include explicit images, messages, or videos that are not suitable for children or young people.
4. Final Words.
Is Sendit anonymous?
What would be “more dangerous” trait outside this privacy risk is the safety to young children and teens. The Sendit app is full of cyberbullying and harassment, abuse of anonymous feedback, and encourages in-app purchases. It offers no safety requirements and allows anyone to download the app regardless of their age, making it important for parents to be careful before letting their children use it.
Experience the freedom of anonymous socializing with Sendit, but don’t forget to protect your personal information and exercise caution for the safety of minors.